SportAccord World Mind Games 2011 – December 8 to 16
SportAccord World Mind Games 2011 opens December 8 in Beijing, China – the site of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games.
Chess players – including Ivanchuk, Sergey Karjakin, Vugar Gashimov, Grischuk, Wang Hao, Kamsky, Ponomariov, Le Quang Liem, Anish Giri (@anishgiri), Alexandra Kosteniuk (@chessqueen), Yelena Dembo (@yelenadembo), and Hou Yifan – will participate in blitz, rapid, and blindfold events.
The Games also features four other mind sports: xianqi, go, bridge, and checkers.
- chess results and .pgn on the FIDE site
- live women’s games on Chessdom – with computer analysis and commentary
- live men’s games on Chessdom – with computer analysis and commentary
- world mind games schedule
- world mind games official site
- YouTube video
YouTube live coverage is scheduled for 7:00 to 11:00 GMT (2 am to 6 am EST) starting on December 9.
Through two rounds, Alexandra Kosteniuk is leading the women’s rapid, while Wang Hao is leading the men’s.
Here are some first- and second-round games: