It’s Movember again at ACC.
On average, men die at a significantly younger age than women – the average life expectancy for Canadian men is four years less than women (presently 78 compared to 82), however there is no biological reason for this. The reasons for the poor state of men’s health in Canada and around the world are numerous and complex.
From Movember’s perspective the reasons for the poor state of men’s health include:
• lack of awareness and understanding of the health issues men face
• men not openly discussing their health and how they’re feeling
• reluctance to take action when men don’t feel physical or mentally well
• men engaging in risky activities that threaten their health
• stigmas surrounding mental health
Movember aims to change the face of men’s health and reverse this way of thinking by putting a fun twist on this serious issue. Using the moustache as a catalyst, we want to bring about change and give men the opportunity and confidence to learn and talk about their health more openly and take action.
Please support the following Movember participants at the Club this year:
- Jean-Marc David – suggests donating instead to the Philippines this year
- Richard Morrison
- Michael Humphreys
- Marcus Wilker
If there are any other Mo Bros at the club, send us your link!