2011 Hart House Holidays Open – December 16 to 18
The Gothic architecture of U of T’s Hart House makes a beautiful setting for chess tournaments, and our friends at the Hart House Chess Club always run top-notch Toronto chess events.
Friday December 16 to Sunday December 18, they’re hosting the: 2011 Hart House Holidays Open. Please do the organizers a favour by pre-registering as soon as possible!
The event is also posted on facebook – RSVP if you plan to attend, and share the word with all your facebook friends!
If you’ve never played in a real, CFC-rated tournament before, don’t miss this opportunity: Hart House is offering free tournament entry if you join CFC for the first time!
- Format: 5-Round Swiss in 4 sections: Open, U2200, U1900, U1600
- Rounds: 6 pm on Friday; 10 am and 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday
- Location: Hart House, U of T
- Take TTC: 10-min walk SE from St. George or 5-min walk SW from Museum
- Entry Fee: $70 in advance (cheques to: Hart House Chess Club, 7 Hart House Circle, Toronto, ON M5S 3H3); $90 cash only on site. Extra $20 to play up each section. No cheques on-site.
- Discounts: $10 less for Juniors (born after December 17th, 1993), Seniors (60+), Women, FIDE Masters, and University of Toronto students (show ID card). Only one discount per player. Free for IMs before December 9th, $60 afterwards, $70 on-site.
- details | flyer | pre-registered | map | email: email@example.com
Chess photos from the 2010 Toronto Open at Hart House
Check out more Hart House pictures in this set by David Farrant.