Chessfest is back June 25-26, 2016!
We’re back again this summer! Come down to the waterfront June 25-26 for the third edition of this great event, organized by ACC and CIC.
2016 Harbourfront Centre Chessfest – the best of Toronto chess and the best site in Toronto to showcase it!
Come learn the game. Play on a giant chess board. Sit down with a friend at one of the open tables. Dress up. Meet the chess queen. Lots of free fun for the whole family all weekend!
Also featuring the 3rd annual Children’s Championship on Saturday and the 2016 Toronto Blitz Championship on Sunday.
See below for this year’s details!
Chessfest returns to Toronto’s Waterfront June 25-26, 2016
The Third Annual Harbourfront Centre Chessfest features:
The 2016 Toronto Blitz Chess Championship
Sunday June 26, 2015
1:00 to 5:00 pm
Harbourfront Centre west side by amphitheatre
$1000 guaranteed 1st prize
Advance Entry fee: $50 (junior/senior, less $10 – 60+ or under 18 on June 1)
On site Entry fee: $60.
Lots to see and do. Bring the whole family!
Events | Getting here | Registration | Photos | Video
Chess for Everyone returns to Toronto’s Waterfront June 25-26, 2016
Bring the whole family down to Harbourfront and make your way to the west side by the amphitheatre.
Programming for June 25-26 includes lots of FREE activities as well as competitive tournaments.
Programming for Chessfest is listed below.
Photo by @rezynn
June 25-26 Programming – featuring the 2016 Toronto Blitz Chess Championship
- Enter the 2016 Toronto Blitz Chess Championship – with chief arbiter Tyler Longo, 1:00 to 5:00 pm on June 26: a one-day Swiss tournament, 7 double rounds at a blitz time control of 3’+2″ – $50 in advance, junior and senior discount
- Register your child, entering grades 1 to 7, in the 3rd Annual Children’s Chess Championship – 12:00 to 5:00 pm on June 25 – $10 entry fee
- Meet the Queen of Chessfest, WNM Yelizaveta Orlova, two-time member of the Canadian Women’s team – FREE
- FREE dress-up for kids
- Learn to play chess – FREE lessons from chess instructors
- Play a game on a giant chess set – FREE
- Or just sit down to play with a friend at one of our open tables – FREE
Harbourfront Centre is located at 235 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON M5J 2G8.
We recommend travelling by TTC.
For more information, consult Harbourfront Centre’s travel advice.