Chessfest is back June 3-4, 2017!
We’re back again this summer! Come down to the waterfront for the fourth edition of this great event, organized by ACC and CIC.
Harbourfront Centre Chessfest – the best of Toronto chess and the best site in Toronto to showcase it!
Come learn the game. Play on a giant chess board. Sit down with a friend at one of the open tables. Dress up as a chess piece and make your moves on a life size board. Lots of free fun for the whole family all weekend!
Also featuring the annual Chessfest Children’s Championship on Saturday and the Toronto Blitz Championship on Sunday.
See below for this year’s details!
Chessfest returns to Toronto’s Waterfront June 3-4, 2017
The Fourth Annual Harbourfront Centre Chessfest features:
The 2017 Toronto Blitz Chess Championship – get tickets now!
Sunday June 4, 2017
1:00 to 5:00 pm
Harbourfront Centre west side by amphitheatre
$1000 guaranteed 1st prize
Advance Entry fee: $50 ($10 discount for junior/senior, 60+ or under 18 on June 1)
On site Entry fee: $60.
Lots to see and do. Bring the whole family!
Events | Getting here | Registration | Photos
Chess for Everyone returns to Toronto’s Waterfront June 3-4, 2017
Bring the whole family down to Harbourfront and make your way to the west side by the amphitheatre.
Admission is FREE and there are lots of FREE activities as well as competitive tournaments.
Programming for Chessfest 2017 June 3-4 is listed below.
Photo by @rezynn
June 3-4 Programming – featuring the 2017 Toronto Blitz Chess Championship
- Enter the 2017 Toronto Blitz Chess Championship, 1:00 to 5:00 pm on June 4: a one-day Swiss tournament, 7 double rounds at a blitz time control of 3’+2″ – $50 in advance, $10 junior and senior discount
- Register your child, grade 1 to 6, in the 4th Annual Chessfest Children’s Championship – 12:00 to 5:00 pm on June 3 – $10 entry fee
- Meet the Queen of Chessfest, WNM Yelizaveta Orlova, two-time member of the Canadian Women’s team – FREE
- FREE dress-up for kids
- Learn to play chess – FREE lessons from chess instructors
- Play a game on a giant chess set – FREE
- Or just sit down to play with a friend at one of our open tables – FREE
Harbourfront Centre is located at 235 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON M5J 2G8.
We recommend travelling by TTC.
For more information, consult Harbourfront Centre’s travel advice.