Downtown Toronto Chess
The Annex is a popular neighbourhood in the heart of downtown Toronto. A traditional student area, its beautiful Victorian and Edwardian houses are nestled behind a busy stretch of Bloor Street filled with cafes, bars, bookstores, and sushi restaurants.
The Annex Chess Club meets on Monday nights from 6:30 to 11:00 pm at 918 Bathurst Street – just north of Bloor. We’re easily accessible by foot, bike, car, or TTC:
- steps from Bathurst subway station
- on-street parking available
Check the Map
The Great Hall at the 918, with a 30′ cathedral ceiling, is a beautiful (air-conditioned!) playing hall for chess, and a popular tournament venue in Toronto: it was the site of the Labour Day Open and Thanksgiving Open chess tournaments in 2010 and again in 2011.
Request a Bye
- Please email us if you can’t make an upcoming round.
- For information about how to use this website, check our help posts.
- For more chess in Toronto, check our links page.
Board of Directors
Our club is governed by its own members through a Board of Directors elected at our Annual General Meeting. Visit the By-laws page for full details.
Contact the Club
Please contact us!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for general enquiries and club information.
- Tournament players, please email us for late entries, last-minute cancellations, etc.
- Like Annex Chess Club on
- Follow @AnnexCC on
Tweets by @AnnexCC
Please patronize these local businesses, who have generously supported Annex Chess Club:
- Grapefruit Moon – Have a cappuccino before your game, just a block north of our club
- Deux Rois – Show off your game with some chess apparel
- inbusys inc. – IT support, accounting and tax services for your small business
- Spirit of Math – Central Toronto – “Release the genius” after-school math