Paid Chess Study at U of T Mississauga
Expert and novice players at Annex Chess Club have been invited to participate in a study about chess and eye movement. The requirement is that your CFC rating is either over 2000 (expert) or under 1500 (novice).
Here are the details from Karolina Hryciuk at the Eye-Movement Lab:
We are conducting a paid study which investigates eye-movements and chess and we are in need of more participants. The study is being run at the Mississauga Campus of the University of Toronto. We are especially in need of expert players (CFC rating over 2000) and novices (unrated players who know how to play chess). We are running players aged 16 and up. If it is not too much trouble, could you please let members of your club know about this study and tell anyone who is interested to e-mail the RA at the lab (Karolina)? If you like, I can also send an attached document of this information in the form of a poster. Your help is much appreciated. Below you will find more information about the study:
- We are studying eye-movements and chess skill.
- We are looking for all levels of chess players.
- Requirement: <1500 CFC or >2000 CFC (If you do not have a CFC rating but know how to play chess, you are also invited).
- Note: If you wear contacts, that is fine. However, please bring your glasses to your appointment as well.
- Compensation is $100.00 CAD for 1 session, which lasts a maximum of 3.5 to 4 hours.
- The study will continue until August 2011. In case we cannot schedule you for this study, we would also be happy to let you know about future studies if you send us your e-mail or phone number.
- Location: The Eye-Movement Lab at the University of Toronto at Mississauga campus.
- If you are interested in participating or if you would like more information, please e-mail Karolina: email@example.com
- Or, phone the lab directly at (905) 569-4874 (anytime from 9am to 3pm)